The Grieving Process
When a loved one dies, grieving their loss is a vital part of the healing process. Everyone handles this grief in a different way, and it doesn’t have a set timeline. When you or your loved ones are in the care of the Hospice Group of Southern California, we offer bereavement services anytime you need them and as often as desired.
We will help you navigate through the grieving process, discovering the most healthy ways to process the emotions you’re dealing with. How we grieve is influenced by factors like our gender, culture, and unique personal circumstances. All losses affect us differently.
Grief is a major stressor, so it’s doubly important to take care of yourself throughout the process. Eat well, sleep well, and get regular exercise. Try journaling out your thoughts and feelings and/or talking to trusted friends. We can connect you with a support group and/or a counselor as well.
Our bereavement services will:
- Give you the opportunity to discuss the death of your loved one
- Assist you in recognizing the symptoms that are common in the grieving process (emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual)
- Provide you the opportunity to spend time with others who understand what you’re going through
- Assist you with other ways to cope with the grief you’re going through
- Connect you with trained volunteers and bereavement specialists who can facilitate groups/family meetings
- Organize individualized support sessions, telephone contact, and home visits
- Provide you access to more support resources when you need them
Contact our team at Hospice Group of Southern California for additional information or admission for our bereavement counseling services.